- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Rice Cream Recipe
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped toasted filberts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped topping mix||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3219 Calories from Fat 1387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g276.8%
Saturated Fat 32.9 g164.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg
Sodium 1225.5 mg51.1%
Total Carbohydrates 350 g116.7%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.3%
Sugars 197.3 g
Protein 78 g156.1%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 90.5% Iron 78.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Soften gelatin in cold water in a heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Chill until mixture is slightly thicker than consistency of thick unbeaten egg white, stirring frequently.
3. Meanwhile, whip topping mix according to package directions. Beat in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
4. Stir thickened gelatin into cooled rice-filbert mixture. Blend in the whipped topping.
5. Turn into a 2-quart mold. Refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours).
6. Unmold onto a chilled serving plate and garnish with strawberries or raspberries.