- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Pralines Recipe
|Vanilla-flavor pudding and pie filling mix||3 Ounce|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), firmly packed|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 441
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.3 mg
Sodium 340.7 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 100.6 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place together pudding mix, brown sugar, evaporated milk, and butter or margarine.
2) Simmer, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
3) Allow to cook, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 238°F on a candy thermometer or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water.
4) Take the pan away from heat immediately.
5) Add in the pecans, and beat with a wooden spoon for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture lightly thickens.
6) Place the pudding mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on parchment.
7) Leave to rest until the pecan mixture is firm.
8) Serve at room temperature.
If mixture hardens, while working set pan over hot water.