- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Icecream Recipe
|Eggs||8 Small, separated|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Calories 1049 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 507 mg
Sodium 228.3 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.02%
Sugars 115.7 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 27% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the egg yolks till they are frothy.
2) Add the sugar gradually, beating constantly till the mixture has thickened and is lemon colored.
3) Add in the vanilla, flour, whipping cream and cream of tartar to the mixture of egg yolk. Mix properly.
4) Combine the egg whites and salt together and beat till stiff peaks are formed.
5) Fold the egg mixture into the egg yolk mixture and pour concoction into a 1-gallon hand-turned freezer can or an electric freezer can.
6) Pour milk into the can till it is three-fourths full. Freeze as per the instructions shared by the manufacturer.
7) Let the ice cream ripen for a minimum of 60 minutes.
8) Serve chilled. If preferred, garnish each serving with strawberries and mint sprigs.