- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Ice Cream Surprise Recipe
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart (1 Brick)|
|Raspberry jam/Strawberry jam||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Brandy||2 Tablespoon, heated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4380 Calories from Fat 1870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g322.7%
Saturated Fat 95.1 g475.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 961.7 mg
Sodium 1964.1 mg81.8%
Total Carbohydrates 545 g181.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 428.8 g
Protein 78 g155.2%
Vitamin A 137.1% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 159.7% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut the pound cake so that it is 1/2 inch wider and longer than the ice cream brick.
3. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, stir in the sugar, and beat till peaks are stiff.
4. Put the ice cream on top of the pound cake. Work quickly so that the ice cream does not melt.
5. Spread jam on top of the ice cream. Spread egg whites on top of the jam. Sprinkle with almonds and bake in a 450°F oven for about 3-4 minutes until the meringue has turned light brown.
6. Pour the brandy in the middle of the meringue and ignite.