- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Cupcake (Magnolia Bakery) Recipe Video
|Self rising flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , thawed|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed (2 sticks)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), room temperature|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla butter cream frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 128.3 mg42.8%
Sodium 298.7 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 46.3 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.1% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix both the flours and set aside.
2. In another bowl, pour milk and mix vanilla extract to it. Keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners. Set aside.
5. In a mixer, put the butter and mix on medium speed till creamy. Add the sugar slowly and continue mixing while doing so.
6. Put in the eggs one by one making sure that each egg is incorporated before putting in the next one.
7. Add 1/3rd of the flour mix and 1/3rd of milk mixture one by one while mixing continuously alternating each other. Repeat this till the mixtures are well combined. Do not over mix.
8. Pour the batter to 2/3rd of each hollow of the prepared cup cake pan.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean. Check after 20 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow complete cooling.
11. In a serving plate, serve the cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and garnished with sprinkles.
To make self rising flour, to each cup of all purpose flour add 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.