- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Crescents Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Ground almonds||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Not Blanched)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectionery sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1619 Calories from Fat 886
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g154.9%
Saturated Fat 58.4 g292.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg
Sodium 499.7 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g53.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 65.2 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.7% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
2) Mix the butter and sugar together by beating them with a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light, fluffy and creamy.
3) Beat in the flour; 1/2 cup at a time.
4) Then add the almonds, vanilla extract and salt, continue to beat until the mixture becomes slightly stiff dough.
5) Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about an hour.
6) Lightly butter two 12 x 15-inch baking sheets.
7) Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of the chilled dough and place them on a floured board.
8) Roll each one into a strip an inch wide and 1/2 inch thick.
9) This will make it about 2 1/2 inches long.
10) Shape each piece into a crescent by pulling it into a semicircle.
11) Arrange the crescents at least 1/2 inch apart on the baking sheets.
12) Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 or 20 minutes or until lightly colored.
13) Remove the sheets from the oven and leave the crescents to cool for about 5 minutes, and then transfer them to a cake rack.
14) Dust with confectioners' sugar and cool about 15 minutes.
15) Serve as a desert.