- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Glossy Vanilla Cream Pudding Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten (Whole)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.2 mg
Sodium 324.2 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.34%
Sugars 39.6 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (2-cup) microwave proof measuring cup, heat milk for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or steaming but not boiling.
2. In the meantime, in a medium (1 ½ -quart) microwave proof casserole dish, blend together dry ingredients.
3. Using a wire whisk, gradually blend milk into cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly. Return to microwave and cook for 3 minutes, until thickened and glossy, stirring once halfway though cooking time.
4. Spoon a little of the hot mixture into eggs and blend well
5. Pour egg mixture into remaining hot cornstarch mixture and whisk until smooth.
6. Cook for less than 2 minutes, stirring once, until mixture come to a boil.
7. Whish again while blending in butter and vanilla.
8. Stain the mixture into once large 4-cup custard mold or into 4, (6 oz) custard cups or ramekins.
9. Let cool and set
10. Serve the pudding cool by itself or top with fruits, sauce or whipped cream if you like.