- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Cream Filling Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Toasted)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1110 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.1%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 456.9 mg
Sodium 519.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 120.3 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 53.9% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, flour, and salt; gradually stir in milk.
2. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Do not let it brown and turn bitter.
3.Slowly, stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into eggs;
4. Now, add the egg mixture in to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
5. Let it come to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
6. Take away from heat; stir in almonds and vanilla.
7. Transfer into a container, cover and chill 1 to 2 hours.
8. Use as required.