- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Cheesecake With Fresh Berries Recipe
|Vanilla yogurt||32 Ounce|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||32 Ounce (4 Cups)|
|Nonstick vegetable oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||3 Ounce (About 12 To 13 Cookies, 3/4 Cup)|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|1% cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), squeezed in a kitchen towel to remove any excess liquid|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Low fat cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Lowfat sour cream||4 Ounce|
|Low fat sour cream||4 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, garnish|
|Strawberries/1 pint blueberries/other berries||1 Pint (For Garnish)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.2 mg
Sodium 345.3 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 325 °F
2) In a strainer lined with a wet paper towel put yogurt. Set it over a bowl.
3) With a plastic wrap cover the yogurt and let it drain.
4) Keep in refrigerator overnight.
5) Remove liquid accumulated in the bowl. Reserve the yogurt.
6) Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
7) Press crumbs evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Keep aside.
8) Using a food processor, puree the cottage cheese till completely smooth.
9) Add yogurt, cream cheese, and sour cream and process until smooth.
10) Add remaining ingredients except berries and process till combined.
11) Pour the batter into springform pan. Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
12) Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes till set but still soft in the center.
13) Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in it for 30 minutes.
14) Place pan on a rack and let it cool completely.
15) Chill the cheesecake for at least 2 hours or overnight.
16) Garnish with fresh berries on top.