- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Lattice Coffee Cake Recipe Video
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1065 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 18 g90%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180.1 mg60%
Sodium 306.4 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 188 g62.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 138.4 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 22.1% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl add a quarter cup of warm water.
2. Add a teaspoon of sugar into it.
3. Sprinkle a packet of yeast on top of it.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Add ½ cup of butter into the mixture.
6. Pour a beaten egg over it.
7. Add 1/3 cup of milk.
8. Add 3 cups of all purpose flour into the dry ingredients.
9. Add a quarter cup of sugar.
10. Add ½ teaspoon of salt.
11. Knead to make nice and soft dough with an electric mixture.
12. Knead lightly with hands.
13. Cover with a cloth and keep aside.
14. In a bowl arrange the filling ingredients and add 8 ounce of cream cheese.
15. Pour two egg yolks on it.
16. Add 2/3 cup of sugar.
17. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla over it.
18. Sprinkle grated rind of 1 lemon over it.
19. Combine the ingredients with an electric mixture.
20. Divide the dough into thirds. Keep aside 1/3 of the dough for later use.
21. Roll out the remaining 2/3 of the dough into a 13 by 9 rectangle.
22. Place it into a greased tin and press it to cover the sides of the pan.
23. Scoop the filling into the pan on top of the dough and spread evenly over the crust.
24. Spread 1 cup of frozen blueberries over the filling almost covering it and press lightly.
25. Roll another portion of the dough into a 10 inch square.
26. Using a pastry cutter cut into 1 inch ribbons.
27. Arrange the strips diagonally across the pan filling it across the edges.
28. Cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it more 2 hours or overnight.
29. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
30. Slice and serve.