- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Almond Loaf Recipe
|Self raising flour||250 Gram|
|Almonds||50 Gram, ground|
|Eggs||6 , separate yolk from white|
|Almonds||30 , flaked|
|Castor sugar||250 Gram|
|Evaporated milk/Fresh cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||125 Milliliter (Or Half Metric Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.8%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g142.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.9 mg
Sodium 737.4 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 160C.
2) In a bowl sift flour, salt and soda together.
3) In a small bowl, cream butter with sugar until light.
4) Beat in egg yolks and add 2 tbsp flour and mix well to avoid from curdling.
5) Gently fold in flour. Mix well.
6) Stir in milk, essence, orange juice, brandy and ground almonds.
7) Beat the egg white until stiff. Fold it into the mixture.
8) Arrange a greaseproof paper on 900 gm loaf pan.
9) Lightly grease with butter.
10) Transfer the cake batter into pan.
11) With flaked almonds, decorate top of loaf.
12) Bake the cake until firm at temperature 160C.
13) Take out the loaf and put on rack. Cool before slicing.
14) Serve vanilla almond loaf with hot beverages.