- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vals Super Sourdough Spelt Rye Bread- Part 1 Recipe Video
|Mother culture||50 Gram|
|Warm water||700 Gram|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5465 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4714.2 mg196.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1145 g381.7%
Dietary Fiber 49.3 g197.1%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 161 g322%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 25.9% Iron 383.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large container add in water, flour, mother culture, spelt and rye. Mix well and let it sit for 12 hours.
2. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
3. In a large bowl add in flour water and starter. Knead the dough over the countertop. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
4. Add in the salt to the flour and knead again as shown in the video.
5. Rub ½ tbsp. of the sea salt over the counter top and slap the dough over it. Follow the same process with rest of the dough.
6. Roll the dough and place in a meatloaf pan. Let it rest for 3 hrs.
7. Bake in oven for 40 – 55 minutes.
8. Serve Sourdough Bread with poached eggs and low fat milk.