- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentine's Day Tarts Recipe Video
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg
Sodium 55.4 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. You will need heart shaped cookie cutters, 1 small and 1 large to form the window in the top biscuit.
2. On a worktop place the flour add the sugar, make a well in the center and then add all the ingredients leaving aside the strawberry jam and powdered sugar.
3. Knead all the ingredients well to form smooth and even dough.
4. Once the dough is ready wrap it with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F degree and prepare the baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into thickness of a quarter inch and cut the heart shapes and place them on a baking tray, ensure to make an even amount.
7. Once that is done you can cut the heart-shaped window with the small cookie cutter starting with the second row and alternating the rows.
8. So the first row will be your heart shapes followed by the second row which will be your heart-shaped window.
9. Bake the biscuits in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until it’s golden brown in color.
10. Once the biscuits are done, take a base, spread it with strawberry jam, and top it with the open heart and the sprinkle with powdered sugar.
11. Serve the valentines day tart to your loved ones.