- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beeting Heart Valentine's Date Salad Recipe Video
|Beets||4 Cup (64 tbs), grated|
|Beet green||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Tangelo||4 Medium, peeled|
|Lemon juice||To Taste (Optional)|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.62 g0.95%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 192.7 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 37.6 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 73.9% Vitamin C 81.1%
Calcium 9% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the beets into half.
2. In a processor, set the shredding blade and process the beets keeping aside a few.
3. Transfer the beets into a bowl.
4. Put three tangelos, cilantro, beet greens and kept aside beets in the processor.
5. Process using a S blade until slushy.
6. Once done, mix the mixture with shredded beets.
7. In the blender jar, put strawberry and dates and blend well.
8. In a serving plate, put the beet mixture and top it with strawberry dressing and enjoy!