- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentine's Day Fettuccine with Chicken Marsala and Mascarpone Sauce Recipe Video
|Boneless chicken thighs/Boneless chicken breast||3 Large|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic clove||4 Large, minced|
|Crimini mushrooms/Brown mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
|Marsala wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mascarpone cheese||8 Ounce|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, roughly chopped|
|Fettuccine||12 Ounce, uncooked (dried)|
|Olive oil/Butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1803 Calories from Fat 736
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.4%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g162.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 268 mg89.3%
Sodium 311.3 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 65 g129.3%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
2. Heat up a pan over high heat. Add olive oil, and cook the chicken until medium rare - about 3.5 minutes on each side.
3. Move the chicken to a plate and let it cool for around 10 minutes. Cut the chicken into thick slices after it cools down.
4. While the chicken cools, add some olive oil to the same pan (and some butter if you want a better flavor) over medium high heat.
5. Add the chopped onions and sauté until fragrant and tender. (should take around 2 minutes)
6. Add the mushrooms and minced garlic to the onions, sauté until the mushrooms are tender and the juices evaporate.
7. Deglaze with 1 cup of Marsala wine and reduce the heat to medium to low heat, and let simmer until the wine is reduced by half.
8. While the wine is reducing, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
9. Add fettuccine and cook until al dente (according to the instructions on the box, should be around 8 minutes normally).
10. While the pasta is cooking, stir in the Mascarpone Cheese and Dijon Mustard into the reduced wine mixture.
11. Return the chicken strips and any accumulated juices into the sauce. Simmer over medium low heat until the chicken is cooked through and until the sauce thickens slightly, for about 2 minutes.
12. Turn off the heat, stir in chopped parsley, season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
13. Once the fettuccine is done, drain and takeout.
14. Swirl the fettuccine onto plates (or however you like), spoon the chicken mixture on top of the pasta, and garnish with chopped parsley & black pepper to serve.