- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentine Day Dinner For Two Recipe Video
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (divided)|
|Jalapeno||1 , chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cabbage salad|
|Red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cumin coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1475 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 388.3 mg
Sodium 786.2 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.4%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 74 g147.5%
Vitamin A 122.1% Vitamin C 197.5%
Calcium 37.8% Iron 76.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the indoor grill.
2. In a bowl, combine cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put the shrimps and marinate for 2-3 hours.
3. Grill the shrimps for 2 minutes on each side.
4. In a bowl, combine green onion, carrot, green bell pepper, cilantro and onion. Add some grilled shrimps and toss well.
5. Serve the Grilled Shrimps with vegetables for Valentine dinner.
1. In a rice cooker, add water, rice, garlic, butter, peas and mix well. Cook until done.
2. Serve the Butter Rice for Valentine dinner.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, whole milk and salt. Mix well until a smooth dough. 2. Make balls with dough and roll out into flat circles.
3. In a wide pan over medium heat, place the naan, brush butter on top and cover with a lid. Fry for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Serve the Naan for Valentine dinner.
FOR CABBAGE SALAD
1. In a bowl, combine red cabbage, canola oil, lemon juice, salt, red pepper, cumin coriander powder, and garlic powder.
2. Serve the Cabbage Salad for Valentine dinner.
Tip: Serve these 4 dishes with champagne and chocolate and enjoy the Valentine dinner.