- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Valentine Special Pasta Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground meat||2 Pound|
|Bacon strips||2 , cut into lardons|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, diced|
|Leek||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Crimini mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (Plus More For Sprinkling)|
Calories 2252 Calories from Fat 868
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.2 mg
Sodium 1031.1 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.5%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 137 g273.7%
Vitamin A 47.6% Vitamin C 34.9%
Calcium 51.4% Iron 61.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat.
2. When the oil begins to give off a hint of steam, add all the ground meat, making sure to break up any lumps. Cook it until the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes.
3. Continue to cook the meat until it begins to caramelize, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot often, about another 10-15 minutes. When the meat has caramelized, transfer to a bowl.
4. Then in the same pot, heat up the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. When it begins to sizzle, add the bacon and cook it until it is golden brown and crispy, about 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds, then add the onions and leeks and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
7. Stir in the tomato paste, followed by the heavy cream, and lastly, the grated Parmesan cheese.
8. Add the caramelized meat back into the pot and thoroughly mix everything together.
9. Fill a medium pot halfway with water. When the water begins to boil, add a couple huge pinches of salt, followed by the pasta.
10. Cook the pasta for one minute less than the instructions on the box (it will finish cooking when you add it to the sauce).
11. Immediately scoop pasta out with a slotted spoon and directly add the pasta (and any water that comes with it) to the meat mixture. The excess starchy pasta water that comes with the scooped pasta will help thin out the meat sauce. 12. Give everything a good stir.
13. Pile into serving dishes.
14. Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese and enjoy hot!