- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vada Pav - Pav Batata (Indian Potato Sandwich) Recipe Video
|Whole grain bread slices||4 Medium (Sub sandwich bread slices used)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Use as required)|
|Potato rolls||2 Medium (Bateta vada)|
|Garlic chutney||1 Tablespoon, divided (Use as per taste)|
|Cilantro and mint chutney||1 Tablespoon, divided (Use as per taste)|
|Date and tamarind chutney||1 Tablespoon, divided (Use as per taste)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a whole grain bread slices. (Sub sandwich bread may be used or any bread of your choice)
2. Spread butter on the all the four slices.
3. Spread a little of the garlic chutney on one slice of each sandwich, and spread the date and tamarind chutney on the other slice.
4. Place each vada pav (batata vadas) on each of the slices, spread some mint and cilantro chutney on top of the batata vada and close the sandwich.
5. Serve the vada pav as a snack with Indian tea.
Watch the video 'Batata Vada or Aloo Bonda' for the list of ingredients and the step by step directions on how to make batata vada.
You can toast the sandwiches if desired.