- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Uttapam-Rice Crepes with Vegetables Recipe Video
|For uttapam (using 1 cup dosa batter)|
|Cumin||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Capsicum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (To drizzle while frying)|
|Dosa batter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 258.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Watch the video on how to prepare dosa batter.
2. If you have left over dosa batter, you can use it for this recipe. Take out the dosa batter stored in the fridge and leave it out for a while.
3. Add salt to the batter, mix well and set aside while you chop all the vegetables.
4. Heat a tava on a medium temperature. Make sure the tava does not get too hot. If it does, sprinkle some water on it and bring down the temperature before spreading the batter.
5. Spread the batter, running the spoon in circles starting from the center and moving outwards.
6. Immediately sprinkle the finely chopped vegetables, freshly chopped cilantro and drizzle some oil.
7. Flip sides and cook for about 5 minutes or till done.
8. Serve the uttapam hot with sambhar or any chutney of your choice. Traditionally coconut chutney is served with uttapam.
Please watch the video recipe for the step by step directions to make the dosa batter.
FOR THE DOSA BATTER
Rice 3 Cup (48 tbs)
Split black gram 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Thick poha 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Fenugreek seeds 1 Tablespoon