- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Upside Down Pizza Loaf Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Turkey||10 Ounce, ground|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||9 Tablespoon, divided|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce, shredded|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.8 mg
Sodium 525.6 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, saute the turkey and onion in 1/2 teaspoon oil, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and the turkey is lightly browned.
3) Sprinkle mixture with 1 tablespoon flour, stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
4) Gradually stir in the tomato sauce, bell pepper, basil, fennel seed and oregano, bring to a boil and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
5) In a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray , spread the turkey mixture and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
6) In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg with an electric mixer, then add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoons oil, milk and salt, beat further until the mixture is smooth.
7) Pour the batter over the turkey loaf and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the loaf is puffed and golden.
9) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.