- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Upside Down Banana Cake - Super Moist Recipe Video
|Bananas||3 Large, ripened|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 553 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.8 mg
Sodium 208.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 52.3 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the bananas and add to a bowl along with lime juice and mix well. This is to retain the color of the bananas.
3. Place the baking vessel over medium heat and add brown sugar, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of butter and stir until everything is melted.
4. Spread the mix over the bottom of the pan and arrange the sliced bananas over it.
5. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
6. In a mixer, add 8 tablespoons of butter and mix until light and fluffy.
7. Add the sugar, bit by bit and continue to mix.
8. Next, incorporate one egg at a time.
9. Add the sour cream and vanilla and combine well.
10. Add the sifted flour mix into the egg mix and fold until combined well.
11. Add this mix onto the bananas and spread well.
12. Pop the vessel into the oven for 40 minutes.
13. Once baked, let the cake rest for 15 minutes before turning it upside down to slide the vessel off.
14. Slice, plate and serve as dessert.