- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Unsalted White Sauce Recipe
|Low sodium low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 281 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place the milk on low heat and bring just to the boiling point.
2) In another saucepan, melt the butter or margarine; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to avoid it from getting brown.
3) Remove from the heat and add the milk all at once, stirring constantly with a wire whisk to make sure no lumps are formed.
4) Put the sauce back on the heat and cook slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) If a thicker sauce is desired, cook it a little longer.
6) Add the pepper and stir in well.
7) Refrigerate for later use as desired.