- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Unsalted Turkey Stock Recipe
|Onions||3 , cut into quarters|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and sliced|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Defatted turkey drippings||2 Teaspoon|
|Distilled water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 776.2 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.9%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 441.5% Vitamin C 92%
Calcium 59.4% Iron 98.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Break the turkey carcass and put it in a large pot or soup kettle.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and the distilled water to cover by 1 inch.
4) Partially cover the lid leaving about 1 inch for the steam to escape.
5) Simmer slowly for 4 to 8 hours (depending upon how much time you have to watch the stock).
6) Cool to room temperature.
7) Brown the bones for 30 minutes in a roasting pan.
8) Combine the onions, carrots and garlic and brown together for another 30 minutes, or until a rich, deep brown in color.
9) In a large pot or soup kettle, put the browned meat and vegetables with all the remaining ingredients and add the distilled water to cover by 1 inch.
10) Bring slowly to a boil, then lower heat and simmer slowly for 5 minutes; remove any froth that forms on the surface.
11) Strain the stock using cheesecloth.
12) Refrigerate covered for future use.