- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Unsalted Tomato Sauce Or Catsup Recipe
|Tomato juice||1 Quart (Unsalted)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic buds||3 , cut in half|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.53 g0.81%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.3 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 35.1 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 85.2% Vitamin C 294.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring it to boil.
2) Reduce heat to very low and simmer, uncovered and cook for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4) Remove the garlic buds from the sauce and discard.
5) Store the sauce in a nonmetal container in the refrigerator.
6) Use as desired with snacks.