- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Unsalted ConsommÃ© MadrilÃ¨ne Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Whites of leeks||2 , chopped|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and sliced|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted chicken stock||2 Quart (8 Cups)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 848 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 773.5 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.6%
Sugars 41.3 g
Protein 76 g152.3%
Vitamin A 388.5% Vitamin C 214.5%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 84.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot or soup kettle, place vegetables, lemon juice, peppercorns, stock and bay leaves.
2. Bring it to boil, reduce heat to low and cover partially with a lid leaving about 1 inch to allow steam to escape.
3. Simmer for 2 hours.
4. Soften the gelatin in the water.
5. Add gelatin mixture to hot consommÃ© and stir until completely dissolved.
6. Cool slightly and strain through a fine strainer.
7. Add pepper to taste.
8. Cool to room temperature, pour into a 1-1/2-quart mold and refrigerate.
9. When the consommÃ© is completely jelled, unmold by loosening the edges with the tip of a sharp knife, dipping the mold up to the rim in hot water for a few seconds and inverting onto a plate.
10. Cut off the part containing the sediment and discard.
11. Cut up the clear part and serve in sherbet glasses or cups.