- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Unsalted Beef ConsommÃ© Recipe
|Unsalted beef stock||1 Quart (4 Cups)|
|Crushed dried chervil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion tops||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 114 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 40 g79%
Vitamin A 168.5% Vitamin C 159.1%
Calcium 26.3% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a wire whisk, beat the egg until they are slightly foamy.
2. Add a cup of the cold stock to the egg whites and beat together lightly.
3. In a saucepan, put the other 3 cups of stock with all the remaining ingredients.
4. Bring the stock to a boil and remove from the heat.
5. Slowly pour the prepared egg white mixture into the stock, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
6. Place the saucepan back on very low heat and stir gently until it starts to simmer.
7. Put the pan partially off the heat so that it is barely simmering, then turning the pan around every few minutes, simmer for 40 minutes.
8. Line a colander or a strainer with 2 or 3 layers of damp cheesecloth.
9. Pour the consommÃ© through the cheesecloth, allowing it to drain, undisturbed, until it has all seeped through.
10. Then store until ready to use.
Whether serving consommÃ© hot or cold, it should be beautifully clear. The consommÃ© will have a much better flavor if seasoning is added to it.