- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Undhiyu - Special mix vegetable curry - Gujarati Cuisine Recipe Video
|Baby eggplants||2 Small|
|Gram flour||1 Tablespoon (For the eggplant filling)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Carom seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use as required)|
|Papdi beans/Soya beans||350 Gram|
|Eggplants||400 Gram, cut into pieces|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Methi muthiya||5 Medium|
|Potato||200 Gram (Boiled and fried)|
|Sweet potato||150 Gram (Boiled and fried)|
|Purple yam||150 Gram (Boiled and fried)|
|Banana||1⁄2 Medium, sliced with the skin on|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (For the garnish)|
|For the masala|
|Crushed peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh green garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
Calories 1525 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 391.5 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 365 g121.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.4%
Sugars 325.5 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 96.7% Vitamin C 55.7%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Pressure cooker
1. Remove the seeds from 3/4 of the papdi beans and leave the rest as it is. Set aside for the cooking later.
2. In a bowl mix together crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, cashews, raisins, coconut, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and green chili paste, freshly chopped cilantro, green garlic and salt.
3. Take the baby eggplants, slit each into four without cutting it all the way through.
4. From the above prepared spice mixture, separate a little, mix some gram flour with it and stuff into the slit eggplants.
5. Take a pressure cooker, heat a couple of tablespoons of oil, add carom seeds and asafoetida.
6. Add the stuffed baby eggplants and the prepared masala. Add a little water and stir gently.
7. Add the surti papdi lilva and the cut eggplants and stir everything well. Add cumin powder and stir gently to mix.
8. Add more water if required. Add the methi muthiya and close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook till you hear 5 whistles of pressure release.
9. Once done, open the pressure cooker and add the root vegetables - the potato, sweet potato and purple yam and stir in gently.
10. Finally add the bananas and keep the heat on low for just a few minutes to incorporate all the flavors.
11. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve warm with puris, roti or rice.