- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Whole Green Grams Recipe Video
|Whole mung beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Green Variety)|
|Green chili||1 , split in to two|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried bay leaves/1 fresh bay leaf||2|
|Yellow onion/Spanish onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||4 , chopped|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Plus More For Garnish)|
|Ghee||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 1058.9 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Soak them in fresh water for at least one hour.
3) Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add bay leaf, cloves, asafetida, cumin seeds, ginger, green chili, garlic and onions. Sauté until the onions are golden brown.
4) Add tomatoes along with red chili powder and garam masala. Combine all the ingredients and place a lid. Cook this for eight minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
5) Remove the lid. Add 4 Cups of water to this along with the drained beans and salt. Combine and place the pressure cooker lid with the whistle on.
6) On medium heat, cook this until four whistles go off. You might have to cook it longer, depending on the type of pressure cooker you are using.
7) Switch off the gas. Let the pressure cooker cool down.
8) Remove the lid and check if the lentils are soft and adjust the salt level.
9) If the lentils appear to be a little andante, place the pressure cooker back on the stove with the lid on and wait for another two whistles to go off.
10) Repeat step 8.
11) Garnish with Juliann fresh ginger and serve hot to your loved ones!