- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Cakes with dipping sauce Recipe Video
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||10 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (To Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.6%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.4 mg
Sodium 517.4 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 74.8% Vitamin C 113.9%
Calcium 21.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Add cheese, garam masala, paprika powder, salt, egg and the breadcrumbs to the chopped broccoli. Mix to combine.
3) Form balls out of this mixture and gently press them to give it a shape of a flat disc. Set aside.
4) Heat about ½ Tbsp if olive oil in a pan and place these broccoli cakes and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are brown and crispy.
5) Meanwhile, blend together mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, mustard and garlic in the food processor to make a smooth sauce.
6) Enjoy the crispy broccoli cakes with a flavor pact dipping sauce!