- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ukrainian Cheese Turnovers Recipe
|Sour cream pastry/Flaky pastry||1|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Include Some Tops)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely grated swiss cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1569 Calories from Fat 1099
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g191.7%
Saturated Fat 70.8 g354.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 530.8 mg
Sodium 575.1 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 71 g142.2%
Vitamin A 114% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 183.9% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Prepare and wrap the pastry in wax paper and chill in the refrigerator.
2) In a pan, stir-fry the scallions in butter over a medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until softened.
3) Turn off the heat, then stir in the parsley and cheese.
4) Roll the pastry, 1/2 at a time, and cut out 4 inch circles.
5) Apply the glaze over the edges, spoon a little filling over the lower halves of the pastry circles. Then, fold over and crimp edges nicely with a fork and place on the ungreased baking sheets.
6) Apply the glaze and bake without the lid in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then lower the heat to 350° F and bake for further 15 minutes until golden.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.