- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Ukoy Recipe Video
|Shrimps||1 Cup (16 tbs), cleaned|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄10 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mung bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 3⁄10 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1355 Calories from Fat 1136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.7%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.6 mg33.9%
Sodium 313.4 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the shrimps and mung bean sprouts in the mixture and lightly stir to distribute.
3. Heat a frying pan or small cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
4. When the oil is hot enough, scoop about 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture and quickly (but cautiously) drop it in hot oil.
5. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Please note that cooking time may vary. Repeat this step until the entire mixture is consumed.
6. Remove the deep-fried ukoy from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
7. Remove the paper towel and serve with sinamak.
8. Share and enjoy!Please see video