- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Ube Halaya Recipe Video
|Purple yam||1 Pound, grated, shredded or mashed|
|Condensed milk||14 Ounce (About 1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21.3%
Sodium 137.9 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 54.7 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the condensed milk then stir well.
3. Put-in the purple yam then continue stirring.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir occasionally until the texture of the mixture becomes really thick (about 15 to 20 minutes under low fire)
5. Transfer the mixture to a mold or any container and let the temperature cool down.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then serve.
7. Share and enjoy!