- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ubadiyu or Umbadiyu - Spicy Seasonal Vegetables Recipe Video
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Green chilli paste||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Curry leaves stalk||2 , roughly torn|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Wild beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shelled|
|Soy bean pods||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
|Sweet potato||1 , washed, peeled and diced|
|Potato||1 , washed, peeled and diced|
|Purple yam||1 Small, washed, peeled and diced|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, washed, peeled and diced|
|Coriander chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Besan sev||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Masala chaas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.5 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 67.9% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste with salt, sesame seeds, coriander cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves, garam masala and olive oil. Mix until well combined.
3. Add in the wild beans, soybean pods, sweet potato, potato, purple yam and eggplant. Mix all the ingredients until well coated and set it aside.
4. Take a baking tray and grease it with oil. Spoon the above mixture evenly into the baking tray and cover the tray with a foil.
5. Bake this in the middle rack in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
6. Once done remove the baking tray and get ready to serve.
7. Serve this ubadiyu hot garnished with coriander leaves, sev, coriander chutney alongside a glass of masala chaas.