- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tzibbele Kugel Recipe
|Minced onions||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cracker meal/Matzo meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fat/Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.6 mg
Sodium 532.1 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.66%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a bowl and beat egg yolks in it until thick.
3) Add meal, onions, pepper, salt and fat or butter.
4) Fold in egg whites.
5) Take a greased 2 quart casserole and turn the mixture into it.
6) Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until set.
7) Remove from the oven and serve hot.