- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tzatziki With Pocket Breads and Black Olive Dip Recipe
|Natural yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Black olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), pitted|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.3 mg
Sodium 550.1 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and roughly chop the cucumber, adding it to a bowl
2. Sprinkle generously with salt and let sweat for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse the salt out with cold water, drain and squeeze out all the water by pressing between your hands.
4. To make the tzatziki, in a bowl beat the yogurt until smooth and stir in the cucumber and mint
5. Season it to taste and turn into a dip bowl.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
7. To make the olive dip, in a food processor jar combine the olives and garlic and blend or chop finely.
8. Blend in olive oil, lemon juice , parsley, salt and pepper and make a smooth paste or mash.
9. Empty into a bowl and let stand at room temperature to blend the flavors.
10. Wrap the breads in foil, toast on grill, in oven or under boiler until warmed and soft.
11. Cut the breads into wedges
12. Arrange the breads on a platter and serve with the bowls of tzatziki and black olive dip placed in the center of the platter.
13. Garnish the dips with sprigs of fresh mint and parsley if you like.