- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tzatziki Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.5 mg15.2%
Sodium 174.3 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 48.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the cucumber and mash it.
2) Add salt and let the cucumber set aside for 10 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, curd, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, quince and the dried, salted cucumber.
4) Add the pepper and, if preferred, some more salt, to taste, and blend well.
5) Put the mixture in the fridge for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
6) Serve the dip chilled. It goes well with almost everything.