- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Two Versions of Mackerel Ceviche With Banana Crisps Recipe Video
|Mackerel||3 Cup (48 tbs), chop (For the 1st ceviche and 2nd ceviche)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche, 2nd ceviche and Banana crisps)|
|Malagueta vinegar||2 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Cilantro||4 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche and 2nd ceviche)|
|Red onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice (For the 1st ceviche and 2nd ceviche)|
|Horseradish||1 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Rocotos||1 Tablespoon, pureed (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Hawaiian sea salt||1 Pinch (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Cancha corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Oil||5 Tablespoon (For the 1st ceviche)|
|Plantain||1 Large, slice (For the plantain crisps)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the plantain crisps and 2nd ceviche)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon (For the plantain crisps)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the plantain crisps)|
|Lime||1 Small, juiced (For the 2nd ceviche)|
|Orange||1 Small, juiced (For the 2nd ceviche)|
|Meyer lemon||1 Small, juiced (For the 2nd ceviche)|
|Sriracha sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the 2nd ceviche)|
|Serrano pepper||1 Small, dice (For the 2nd ceviche)|
|Watercress||1 Small (For garnishing 1st ceviche)|
Calories 1645 Calories from Fat 1134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g195.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 252 mg
Sodium 2296.2 mg95.7%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 71 g142%
Vitamin A 78.9% Vitamin C 151.8%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 52.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
For the authentic ceviche:
2.In a bowl, mix the mackeral, kosher salt, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Next, add malagueta vinegar, cilantro, red onions, horseradish, rocoto pepper puree and hawaiian sea salt and mix.
4. Fry the cancha corn in a pan of oil.
5. Add a dash of salt to the cancha corn and mix.
6. In a bowl, add the ceviche, top with fried cancha corn, add watercress for garnish and serve.
For the 2nd ceviche:
7.For making the plantain crisps, in a bowl, mix the sliced plantain, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, cumin, 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and mix together.
8. Line the chips on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Pop into the oven for 15-18 minutes.
10. For the marinade: In a bowl, mix the juice of one lime, 1 small orange and 1 meyer lemon.
11. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil and sriracha sauce and mix.
12. Remove the bone through the center of the mackerel by cutting it out.
13. Cut into bite size pieces.
14. Add 1/2 cup red onion, serrano pepper, 2 tablespoons cilantro and the marinade and mix well.
15. Plate the ceviche, add a portion of banana crisps and serve.