- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Two Tasty After-Thanksgiving Dishes Recipe Video
|For bbq turkey sandwiches|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, packed|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (tomato ketchup)|
|Turkey||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked and sliced (leftover)|
|Hamburger buns||8 , split|
|For creamy potato soup|
|Bacon slices||8 Medium|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked and mashed|
|Cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, canned|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.9 mg
Sodium 1169.5 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and saute onion until softened.
2. Add tomato sauce, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, water and cinnamon, and stir to mix.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, put together turkey and enough of the sauce mixture to generously moisten.
6. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until turkey is heated through.
7. Serve warm on hamburger buns.
For Creamy potato soup
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon for about 5 minutes or until crisp.
2. Remove bacon and set aside and reserve the drippings.
3. In the same pan, sauté the onion in bacon drippings for bout 5 minutes or until soft remove and drain.
4. In a large saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients and place on medium heat.
5. Crumble in bacon; add in onion and allow to simmer until heated through for about 20 minutes.
6. Ladle the soup in warm soup bowl and serve hot.