- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twisty Soft Pretzels Recipe
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 Envelope)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1009 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1311 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g65.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 33 g65.5%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 70.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small bowl, stir together warm water, yeast and sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix salt and flour with a large spoon.
4. After 5 minutes, stir yeast mix into flour mix.
5. With well-floured hands, shape dough into 6-inch rods, initials, animals or traditional
twisted pretzel shapes. Brush them with the beaten egg and place on a greased cookie
sheet. If desired, sprinkle them with extra salt or cinnamon-sugar.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
To see more great recipes like this, you can purchase The Braces Cookbook at www.amazon.com.