- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe Video
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Pinch|
|Pecan||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 91.2 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 224.2% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and clean the sweet potato. Using a fork, poke holes into them.
3. Brush them with Crisco all over.
4. Bake the sweet potatoes for around 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it cool until it can be handled.
6. Cut the baked sweet potato lengthwise.
7. Scoop out the soft flesh into a bowl, leaving about ½ inch with the peel to form a cup.
8. Mash the scooped flesh till creamy.
9. Add cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix them well till combined.
10. Fill them into the sweet potato peels and top with chopped pecans/ walnuts.
11. Put them back in the oven till heated through.
12. In a serving plate, garnish with butter and brown sugar and serve the sweet potato with choice of main dish.