- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Large (halved lengthwise)|
|Cherry tomatoes/5 cherry and 1 small, regular tomato||10|
|Bell pepper||1 (diced)|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs) (chopped or diced)|
|Roasted garlic/1 tsp. garlic powder||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (grated)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (plus 1 tsp.)|
|Smoked paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg
Sodium 598.3 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 73.4% Vitamin C 182.6%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Brush cut side of potatoes with 1 t olive oil, sprinkle of salt and pepper.
3. Place cut side down on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 45 minutes (or until a fork can be easily inserted into potato).
5. In the last 10 minutes of potatoes’ baking time, heat a skillet; add 1 T olive oil. Once it’s hot, add veggies (all but tomatoes) and a pinch of salt.
6. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1. Remove potatoes from oven.
2. Cut around edge, leaving a 1/4″ wall, and scrape out the middle into a bowl (be careful not to pierce the skin).
3. Add veggie mixture, seasonings, yogurt, tomatoes, 1/2 C cheese, 2 T oil. Mash together. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Fill skins with potato mixture.
4. Top with remaining cheese and return to oven and bake 10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
1. Serve immediately with you choice of some German sausage, a Simple Tomato Salad, and some Roasted Broccoli. They would also be great alongside a Roast Chicken, Roast Beef, Pork Chops…