- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe Video
|Baking potato||6 Medium, baked and slightly cooled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (about 1/2 cup)|
|Green onion||5 Medium, finely chopped and divided|
|Bacon bits||1 Cup (16 tbs), browned, drained (Optional)|
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.2 mg
Sodium 695.2 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 27.3% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Using fork poke the potatoes at several places.
3. In a baking pan, place the potatoes and bake for about 60 minutes, turning once, until the potatoes are tender.
4.Take the potatoes out from oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh.
6. In a bowl, place potato flesh and mash well using a potato masher.
7. Add salt, pepper, butter and one cup cheese and beat well using an electric beater until combined.
8. Stream in the warm milk and beat until fluffy and cheese is melted.
9. Add in the sour cream and half of the onions and stir well.
10. In a lightly greased 9"x9" baking pan, spoon potato mixture, spread and flatten on top.
11. Sprinkle remaining cheese and onions, and top with cooked bacon if using.
12. Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
13. Serve warm as desired.