- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tutti Frutti Meringue Round Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted fresh fruits||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1819 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 873 mg
Sodium 598.7 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 351 g117.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 326.1 g
Protein 52 g104.6%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 215.8%
Calcium 101% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat an oven at 112.5 C (225 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream of tartar and egg whites. Beat till soft peak stage.
3. Add 1 cup sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak stage.
4. Spread mixture and shape like a shell with rim on to a lined 12 inch baking pizza pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
6. Once baked, allow to rest in oven for 1 more hour.
7. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine remaining sugar, orange peel, cornstarch, egg yolks and yoghurt. Mix well and cook on a medium flame till mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
8. Remove off flame, cling wrap and refrigerate.
9. Place meringue shell on presentation platter and top with chilled custard and fruits. Serve immediately.