- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tuscan Style Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
|Fresh tuna steaks||32 Ounce (1 Inch Thick, 4 Steaks, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
|Fresh rosemary sprig||3 , leaves stripped from stem|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Handful Of)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Steak seasoning/Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste||To Taste (Montreal Seasoning By Mccormick)|
|Extra virgin oil||1 Teaspoon (For A Generous Drizzle)|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 112.7 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 54 g107%
Vitamin A 106.4% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the tuna steaks and pat them dry.
2) Using finest side of box or hand grater, take out the lemon zest.
3) On top of zest, pile rosemary and parsley.
4) On top of herabs, pile garlic with seasoning or coarse salt and pepper.
5) With knife, mill everything in a finely chopped mixture.
6) Drizzle enough olive oil over tuna staeks and coat them well.
7) Rub the herbs mixture on steaks and let them stand for 10 minutes.
8) On indoor electric grill, grill tuna over high setting for 2-3 minutes.
9) On outdorr grill, grill the steaks at medium-hight heat or broil the steaks 6-inches from charcoal.
10) Serve the grilled tuna steaks as main dish along with accompaniments of your choice.