- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Tuscan Peasant Tomato Salad Recipe Video
|Stale white bread||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), cut in bite size pieces|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, cut in bite size|
|Red onion||1 , sliced (or 6 sliced scallions)|
|For the vinaigrette|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar/White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 928.3 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the bread in bite size pieces.
2. In a large bowl, put the bread pieces and pour in very cold water, to cover the bread and allow it to soak for about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile chop the tomatoes and slice the onion, place into a large serving bowl and mix well.
4. After 30 minutes of soaking, squeeze as much water out from the bread as possible.
5. Add the bread to tomato and onion mixture.
For the vinaigrette
6. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil and wine vinegar until well blended.
7. Stream the dressing all over the salad and stir well to mix.
8. Sprinkle with basil leave on top and serve as desired.