- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Irish Turnip And Bacon Soup Recipe Video
|Brown onion||3 , chopped|
|Salt pork||3⁄4 Pound, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Potato||2 , chopped into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Turnip||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced thinly|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.7%
Saturated Fat 26.1 g130.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.1 mg
Sodium 2244.3 mg93.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 121.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add the bacon and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and turnips. Combine well and lower the heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil uncovered.
6. Lower to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
7. Season with black pepper and nutmeg to taste.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/