- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turnip Salad Recipe
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 422.2 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 19.5 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 43.4% Vitamin C 25.6%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the turnips and carrot thoroughly.
2) Snap off and remove any stem portions.
3) Drain on paper towels to absorb excess moisture and pat dry.
4) Core the apple and remove the innermost part with seeds, but do not pare.
5) With the help of a food chopper or a food processor or grater ,shred the turnips, carrot and apple.
6) In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the turnips, carrot, apple, raisins, salt, sugar and cayenne.
7) Fold gently with a fork to evenly space the mixture.
8) Now add only required mayonnaise in small amounts, blending in just until mixture will hold together and refrigerate the mixture.
9) Serve chilled.