- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turnip and Beet Pickle Recipe Video
|White vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.86%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12285.2 mg511.9%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.5%
Sugars 47.9 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 195.8%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan pour in the water, add in the salt and beet. Cover the pan and boil for 10 minutes.
2. Take out the beet and slice in half moon shape. Don’t discard the water.
3. Wash the turnip and slice in half moon size. Set aside.
4. In a jar place the turnip and beets.
5. Pour in the vinegar and reserved beet water. Mix well and keep that to ferment.
6. Serve Turnip Pickle with lentils and rice.