- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turnip Fries Recipe Video
|Better than bouillon/1/4 cube of chicken stock cube||1 Teaspoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 452.1 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 53.9%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the turnip.
2. Fill a pan with water and heat.
3. Put turnip in the water and add better than bouillon.
4. Boil turnip for 15 minutes.
5. Remove turnips from boiling water and allow to cool for some time.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. Cut turnips in French fries shape and season with cajun seasoning.
8. Pour olive oil over the turnips.
9. Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
10. Spread the prepared turnip on a baking tray.
11. Bake turnip fries in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
12. Serve turnip fries with your favourite sauce.