- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Turkish Cookies Recipe
|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Pound, softened|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Split blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter until light.Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.At low speed, beat in flour until well combined.
3. On lightly floured pastry cloth, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a 1-inch cookie cutter.
4. Place, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets. Place an almond half on each.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until pale golden color.
6. Remove and let it cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then carefully lift to wire rack to cool.Makes about 5 dozen.
7. Serve with tea.